Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Are you planning to do the Row by Row Shop Hop?

As many of you probably know I also own a quilt shop in Lake Orion, Michigan so I get to participate in retail, wholesale and the publishing end of the quilting industry.  It's an experience that is amazing. 
Last year, the theme for the Row by Row Shop Hop was the seasons. It was my shop's first year in the hop and we were a bit surprised by the reaction and attendance.  I think everyone was.  My first thought when signing up for the hop was, it was a small 36 inch row and probably wouldn't be a big deal.  So of course, with that in mind, I really didn't prepare the way we should have.  I made a nice row pattern, printed a few dozen patterns, hung the sample row and even made an extra option on what they could use the row for.
The first day of the hop we were bombarded with quilters.  It was quick trips to print up more patterns, shock that these quilter's actually wanted the kits for the rows. We were totally unprepared for the turnout.   This year we are prepared.


Don't pay attention to the slippers.  This is our row for 2015.



 
Tons of patterns are printed, kit fabrics are all ordered and lots of it, row sample is complete and we even have an extra optional pattern, license plates (two styles) are ordered and we've purchase some awesome fabrics that will be exclusive to the Row by Row Experience 2015 H2O.

 Yes, H2O is the theme for this year. I actually started out thinking about lighthouses, and sailboats but decided that those would probably be the most common rows so I went with water in the background and a shoreline.  I just had to throw in a whimsical moose. 

So if you are in the mood for a fun summer road trip this year you might want to check out some of the shops along the way.  At last count, there were 120 shop in Michigan alone.  It is an event that is nationwide and most of Canada.  So check it out.  It's going to be a blast!!!!!  

4 comments:

  1. Love your row. Besides having to come to your shop how can I get the pattern, I live in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute row wish I lived in Michigan so I could get. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling. I would love to visit your shop but I'm in California. Any way I can get a pattern??

    ReplyDelete